Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My hair will never be straight again


This past month has been.............................interesting.

I have been thrust into a world I never thought I would be a part of.
Not only has this become my life but it is a life that I am truly, truly excited about.
Oh yeah, I'm also in love but that's a story for another day ;)

My man is a biker, he has been for most of his life.
That's what he is comfortable on.
He will drive a car but if he has his way, he's on two wheels, rain or shine.
Because of this, I am often on two wheels........and I LOVE it!!!

This has been so surprising to me. I have always looked at this as a silly activity. I see these girls, clinging to the back of some helmet clad guy, racing down the highway, it just doesn't look fun, but.......

IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Our first date lasted 50 hours. (no, that is not a typo......50 hours!)

We rode to the mountains, feeling the shift in air between the peaks and valleys.
Headed down south for a swim, hit the city for a little while.
Basically, we rode all weekend.
It was amazing.

Oh, and the fear factor, not there (well, OK I still get a little nervous with highways at night but we're working on that).
It's kind of amazing.

Now don't lecture me.
I know how dangerous it is, I know that if, God forbid, something goes wrong, it will go very wrong.
I know this, but I also know there is a "what if" scenario to everything we do.

Seriously, stop and take a good hard look at how many near misses you have had in your life........
"what if" can suck it as far as I'm concerned.

Oh also, if you feel the need to immediately share your story about how your brother/cousin/friend died/lost a limb/or was totally disfigured within the first five seconds of coming in contact with us......YOU are a douche bag.
Thank you for playing.

Not only is the bike and the man and the whole situation amazing but the other people I've meet are incredible.
I have always said "bikers and truckers are some of the nicest people you will ever meet"
That is so unbelievably true.
From everyone at the bike shop to bikers we meet on the road (yes, we meet people while riding....it's a bike only phenomenon. Don't try it in your car, it doesn't work), I have not met an a$$ yet.
(yeah, I know they are coming....why are you raining on my parade......jeez)

I can honestly say that I have not had this much fun or been this content since.........
I don't know.

I will try very hard not to fill the blog with pictures of bunnies or Air Supply songs,  but I make no promises. ;)

Sexy Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment