Thursday, September 4, 2014

Quest for jeans



I know, blue jean shopping.....it sucks.
It's almost as bad as bathing suit shopping.

Well ladies before you go off and start with the whole "men don't have these problems"
"guys will never understand what it's like to......"
I must stop you. I recently had a very eye opening experience.

You see my lovely biker man wears a 32/36.
Let me state that again, he wears a 32 waist and 36 length pant!

We went to more stores that I have ever been to to buy jeans even during the dreaded "my ass is how big!?!" days.
You know it's bad when the salesman at the big and tall shop says "wait, what size did you say!?!" Apparently this size is such a rarity that no one keeps it in stock. He had to revert to trying on jeans that he knows will be too short to "get the fit" then special order the correct waist/length size, if they even carry it.

And don't even get me started on shirts. Poor guy has to buy XXL in anything button down even though he wears an L or an XL. He then tailors it so its not a tent around him. If he buys a smaller size the shoulders are too narrow and the sleeves are too short. And I thought I had clothing problems.

I now understand why my 6ft5 biker has a sewing machine and knows how to use it......very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment