Thursday, September 11, 2014

Today

Maureen, Todd, Eugene, Vivian, Furdonna, Diana, Joe, Frank, Camille, Christina, Chris..........and the countless others on floors 34 and 35, today I think of you.

13 years ago today we became a family bound by tragedy. As we all began our day in the peach palace little did we know the horror and pain that would play out from the usually glorious view of our office windows.
The memories of that morning always hurt, they always bring tears but I no longer fear them like I once did.
Those awful, awful memories have become a part of me. They have made me love deeper, forgive easier and to never, never take my life for granted.
I know that life can change in an instant. I know that your world can become unrecognizable in a second. I know that the sky can fall down.


No comments:

Post a Comment