Saturday, July 27, 2013

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
― Charles R Swindoll
 

Some recent events have caused me to post this again.

Life is 10% of what actually happens and 90% of how I react to it
I don't know how that hits you but to me............that is some heavy duty TRUTH.

I know it's really hard to let go of anger and to move forward when you feel like you've been wronged, but it's the only way that you can be happy. Your attitude and how you approach everything in your life dictates your own happiness.

One of the greatest statements ever laid on me was
"You can be happy or you can be right, but you can rarely be both"
I have never heard a more truthier truth than this. (it's a word.....plus I'm Russian, don't argue with me)

You can't be both,
and isn't being happy more important than being right?

I'm sorry that your friend slept with that guy you were crushing on
I'm sorry that Dave from accounting got that promotion that you wanted
I'm not sorry that guy cut you off in traffic (seriously...if that small of a slight makes you that mad.......get some counseling......for reals....you got a major head PROBLEM)
I'm sorry your former love hurt you so badly

but...........
there is nothing you can do to make that wrong right
except...............
life your own life, make your own happiness and move on from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment