Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Runners High

Oh crap...it's real

and it feels really good......like REALLY good.

I went on a real run, like all those crazy people in my neighborhood.
And......my legs still worked when I got out of bed this morning......bonus

I've been running through the little park in my neighborhood. It's sandy and really soft and
doesn't cause too much pain on my poor little tendons.

Last night I was a bit late and by the time I made it to the park, it was really dark.
I don't know about you, but I find entering parks after dark can be bad for your health.
Just a little PSA from your friendly blogger.

So as I turned the corner up butt breaker hill, I suddenly started running.
I have no idea why but I just thought, I can do this so I just started running.
You know like when you were a kid and you just ran really fast for no
reason at all.
Yeah, like that.
I almost made it all the way back to N Highland but the legs
stopped right before The Drummers house.

At first it sucked, the pounding, the heaviness of my legs, I thought I was going to die
Just when I was about to give up something strange happened.
It started to feel good, like really good.
The air felt great, my legs were sore but not screaming, and the rhythm, the rhythm was amazing.

After a breather I even had enough energy to make one last push before the house.
It was great and I just might do it again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment