Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Social Media...use with caution

Last week I was going through my twitter/gmail/facebook/pinterest/pleasegodsomeoneloveme internet feeds when I noticed a particular post that had an abnormal amount of comments.
Like 80!!!
Crazy right

I had to get in on that.

Apparently a friend went to purchase gas after work and the station........had no gas!!
Well that's disconcerting.....
Why is there no gas in the gas pumpy thing-a-ma-jig!?!

She was then informed that due to the situation in Russia (WHAT!?!) there is now a gas shortage and the station was unable to get gas. (again.....WHAT!?!)

So as any concerned citizen would do.....she took to FB to freak out......I mean.....share this horrible news.

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF GAS!!!!!!.....GRAB YOUR CHILDREN!!!!STOCK UP ON EVERYTHING!!!!! THE END IS NIGH!!!!!

Ok maybe it wasn't that dramatic but man oh man some of the responses were CRAZY.....OKAY.
That feed got downright spooky and a little....well....wait...are these MY friends.

Not really knowing Russia's role in our oil/gasoline situation I took to the interwebs to see if I could figure out;

A) does Russia actually supply a large amount of oil to the US (I know they do to Europe so it is plausible)

and

2nd - are there any other local gas stations out of gas.

I first went to look for local gas stations without gas.......nada...........I should of just stopped right there.

but I decided to look for gas supply lines..

That's when it happened, I Googled "MAJOR GAS LINES IN NORTH AMERICA"

The screen flickered and my service got very, very slow.......no biggie

I then opened this pretty little map



Another flicker and REALLY slow.
Hmmm, that's strange

I then looked for Alaskan and Canadian pipelines.
(there are some great maps here)

http://www.theodora.com/pipelines/canada_pipelines_map.jpg

OMG, is this thing ever going to load.

Well now that's peculiar....................................

Oh wait.......well hello there NSA, thanks for checking out my blog.

I never figured out why the gas station was out of gas.
I assume someone at said gas station screwed up and forgot to order/pay for/put yellow slip with blue slip or whatever it is you have to do to get gas and said management of gas station said "just tell them it has to do with Russia"
"they will give that knowing nod and just go somewhere else"

Or maybe it has to do with the Houston Ship Channel.....................................

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2014/03/houston_ship_channel_reopens_a.html

Point is, if you Google a lot major pipelines, you will go to the front of line at the NSA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment