Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sacred Space

Last night was bitch and booze.

Bitch and Booze is a weekly tradition that all people should partake in.
Get a few dear friends together, good food, good drink and share the weekly "bitch" going on in your life.

It saves a  lot on therapy bills but the key is the group of friends you pick.
Mine are AMAZING!

Why, because unlike many women, we can be honest with each other and it's OK

I KNOW.....but it's true.

We can listen and then say, in a loving way of course,"no sweetie you're being at idiot, stop doing that right now" and no one gets their panties in a twist.

Just an incredible group of women and I am so thrilled to have them in my life.

But that is not the point of this post.....the point is the breakthrough that I had last night.
Of course it may have just been the tequila.

What I came to last night was a TRUE realization of the traffic jam within my heart.

I've been single for some time now.
Yes I date and meet people but I have not had a true connection with anyone in quite some time.

I have had weeks of butterflies and rainbows but it always fades......why
Because there is someone else that lives in my heart.......and I put him there!
HE is bogging up the traffic and not letting anyone else in.

I know it's not HIM, its me and that was the true realization.
I am in charge of who takes the space in my life and I am the only one that can rearrange this traffic jam.

So I now have a new motto
Words without action mean NOTHING!!!  

All those late night phone calls, sweet texts and long rambling emails mean nothing.

As the great Shazza says "has he actually stuck his fu*%ing tongue down your fu*%ing throat?"

NO...well then it means.......NOTHING..
Get him out of the spot, move the traffic cones and put out the road clear sign!!

I'm not saying get rid of him, or even give him an ultimatum
(men don't respond to those by the way)
Just move him to another place in your inner dialog.

I think this advice can be used my many people.
Don't we all have someone taking up valuable space.
So, clean it up, move it out....get that Man (or Woman) out of the deep, deep spot in your heart
Who knows what could happen :)
(and drink more tequila...it's medicinal you know)

No comments:

Post a Comment