Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Yeah, I posted it



OK, so this is the infamous "naked Miley Cyrus, writhing on a wrecking ball licking a sledge hammer" video.

I know, I've seen it a million times too.

But you know what hasn't happened......
I have not heard the song.......
As I am NOT a fan of Miley Cyrus, I ASSumed I would not like the song

Well what do you know.......
seeing something in its intended and complete context changes the image a little bit.

I'm going to make another HUGE ASSumption and as this young woman did NOT write this song, I am probably way off the mark.

That being said, it's my blog so I'm going where I want to go.....

She is a young artist coming into her own and has had her first (for all we know) real love end.
Listening to this song today and watching this "trashy" video
all I could think was.........."God, this is sad".

It is amazing how our media refuses to look at anything in its complete context
(yes, please, read between the lines, perhaps this post is not about Miley Cyrus)

Seeing these images along with the words (as intended) all I see is heartbreak.
It's not trashy, or rude
It's actually very, very sad and powerful.

It's trashy and rude when you play it without the MUSIC!!!


I've watched it a few times and I keep thinking of the 20 year old me, trotting across
a dance floor, and planting my hiney right on the strangers lap that I spent the next 5 years with!

I would NEVER do that today, not in a million years.
But you know what...........
it was the most passionate love affair I ever had
and yes
to this day

I will always WANT him.

No comments:

Post a Comment