Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman


I'm back in a job surrounded by men :)

Yes, this makes me very happy.
I do love men; they are curt, sometimes they smell bad, they say things without thinking (A LOT)

So today when I popular talk show started talking about the whole MAN/WOMAN thing
(surprising topic...I know) it got me thinking.

All of my female friends, associates and even women I don't know seem to complain about NOT being treated like a Queen.

Yes....I'm guilty of it too.

"Well if he's not going to do X,Y OR Z then he doesn't deserve my; time, energy, affection............"
.....fill in whatever blank you want.

But I truly can't remember the last time I treated the deserving man in my life like a king.

No I'm serious and notice I say deserving.......if he's a dog and you know he's a dog.....none of this applies

However...........

I used to do this and honestly my love life was leaps and bounds above what it is now.

So that's the question

When was the last time you treated your man like a king?

We all expect flowers and candies and romantic candlelight but other than giving up the cookies, what romantic thing have you done for your man?

If we are going to insist on being the queen in his life, shouldn't he be the king in ours?

The media usually portrays men as stupid, bumbling and forgetful.
I don't like this.
I don't know about you but I don't date stupid men and I don't know many stupid men.
Oh, and if your husband is one of these idiots.........you picked him!!!
Besides when did women become so brilliant and competent and men become so stupid........it's just not true and it's not right.

Ladies, I used to do some things that made my girlfriends cringe and honestly, I never understood why they hated it so much. I loved expressing affection for my man, it made me feel good and well.....it was always well received and well deserved ;)

...........little love notes on the windshield, candlelight dinner on a TUESDAY,
I even sent flowers to THE EX'S office for no reason!.........(well ok, yes there was a reason....hehehe)

No really, I sent flowers to my mans office.

At first he was a little upset because well......
getting flowers from your lady friend is not exactly manly
However, as word got around his office.....he became the MAN!
Guys were coming by his office to high five him and gave him that
"what did you do to her" look ;) ;). He said there were many "DUDE" comments thrown around.

He loved it...why......because not only had I made him king of my world,
I made it public knowledge.

Isn't that what we all want, to have the world know that someone thinks we are the greatest thing since
sliced bread. Just for one day.

Oh and yes ladies, that little display of love and affection paid off for daaaaays.
Mama was a happy girl.  

So that's my challenge, to myself as well.
Show that affection, be the nurturing, loving woman you are.
As women.......we are GOOD at it, we know how to show love, we know how to express ourselves emotionally and give when it is deserved.
I've learned from past experiences that when expressed....that love usually comes back ten fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment