Friday, January 17, 2014

Mi Familia


2014 has come in a little shaky

make that a lot shaky

but, this past week has seen a little glimmer of hope.

members of my NYC family came to see me.

In the wee small hours of Jan 1, 2014 I made a sad and sobbing phone call to a member
of said family.

Make that a pathetic phone call......but unbeknownst to me I started a ball rolling.

Last Thursday, the talented, beautiful and truly, truly gifted Maureen flew to my fair city.

Two days later Chris, Masha, and my amazing 1st gay husband David showed up.

Chris, Masha and David were a complete and total surprise.
It brought on the ugly cry y'all.

Given the amazing disappointments of the past two weeks this was truly what the doctor ordered.

You know those people in your life that just get you.....
well these are those people.

I often feel like most people don't get me.
That has been truly magnified this past year.
Often when I speak I feel like people give me a "do you have eight heads or something" look.
but these people get me,
they get my humor, they get my sarcasm
they just get me and I love them.

I don't know if I will be able to recreate my little family of beautiful misfits here
but I will continue to search for local folk that "get me"

Atlanta has some great people and as much as I have tried to connect,
I have only found that level of comfort with one or two people.
but even that has been fleeting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment