Monday, March 10, 2014

Astrology and other fairy tales

Yes, every now and then I will post my horoscope because it has a certain
hmmmm, that seems a little too spot on to ignore.

But today I am reminded why astrology is bunk

Today you are walking talking “sun spots” to everyone you come across Leo. You exude self-confidence, brilliance, and warmth of spirit. Don’t be surprised if strangers, pets, or otherworldly characters cross your path as if they knew you’d be coming. They are in need of your affection, love, and gentle sage sayings. You are known for your wise observations and deep perspective of the human spirit and all its’ failings.
Because you see its’ purest beauty and embody it as a loving soul to others.
First of all, I never want "otherworldly characters" crossing my path, that just sounds scary and
a little dangerous.
Pets........ little Max sat on my head this morning to wake me up and big Max decided that howling was totally appropriate at 6am.
Strangers......I don't talk to strangers.

Let me explain why I am NOT exuding self-confidence this morning.
I got some wild hair up my butt Friday and decided to color my hair a really fun, flirty color called
"Cranberry Crush". 
Big mistake, HUGE mistake. 
My hair was the color of sangria with a splash a cherry kool-aid......not a good look.
I did leave my house Saturday morning with a baseball cap on thinking "I'll just wear it up for awhile and then do something next week"
When GDOT picked me up he literally just stared at me, mouth agape.
"it's not that bad"
"no baby, it's that bad"
So Sunday was the breaking point. I dashed to Sally Beauty Supply and begged for help.
They loaded me down with color oops, the greatest stuff on the planet but it smells like rotting eggs, tons of conditioners and hair masks, peroxide and a warning that my hair could fall out.

After many panicky hours and lots of conditioning masks my hair almost resembles a color found in nature......almost.

Confidence.......I am NOT exuding confidence this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment