Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Walt is gonna haunt us all

Sunday was a rainy gloomy day here in Atlanta

So GDOT and I never left the couch. It was cozy pants, hair in ponytail, should I shower?
ALL day :)

We watched Inside Llewynn Davis.
It may have just been my mood or perhaps I'm just not interested in the stories of 20 something dreamers anymore but I just never got into it.
So that was just a MEH

Then we watched Frozen.

It's the one with the Oscar song where John Travolta brutalized this girls name
Yeah, that one.
Anyway, it was hilarious.
Not because it was hilarious, although there were some great one liners, but because it was
soooooooo Disney.

There was a song about every five minutes, the Princesses were cute and bubbly, the Prince was handsome and of course love conquered all...............................yeah, no wonder we are all so screwed up.
We feed this bill of goods to kids.

But then there was something that made me go......."EXCUSE ME"

The princess! At first she was all cute and covered with big doe eyes and a tiny little nose. You know Disney Princess, plop out of box, add different colored hair, lighten or darken skin based on ethnicity, add appropriate clothing (capes for cold, Slavic princess; skins or sheer fabrics for warm, tropical princess). It's a great formula, they are always pretty with just a hint of budding sexuality but nothing too overt.
Then this happened


I'm sorry, since when did a Disney Princess become Miss Thang.
With the slit and the off the shoulder, huba, huba mess......excuse me.
No......just no.


No comments:

Post a Comment