Monday, March 3, 2014

The Oscars

So the Oscars were last night.

I hate the Oscars.
"How could you possibly hate the Oscars, T?"
Well, I'll tell you......
Hollywood is not that important.
Acting is literally playing make believe........that's what it is.
Back in the good old day (we're talking way back people) actors were lower on the social status class than prostitutes.
Why?
Because acting is NOT a profession, it's playing make-believe.

However I, like everyone else,  gets sucked in because......what the hell else are going to watch on a Sunday night.
I usually spend my time surfing channels and stopping on the Oscars when something catches my eye.

Well last night my timing was perfect and I stopped on this brilliant moment.

I love this for several reasons....

1. Kim Novak is living proof that plastic-surgery is bunk.
had she left her face alone she would have aged beautifully......look at her


B) I actually wished they had a camera in the booth to show everyone freaking out when Mrs. Novak could not stay on script. THAT would be great TV.

But mainly I LOVE how Mathew McConaughey handled Kim Novak's "moment". You see Mathew McConaughey is from Texas.
I know, I know many people do not consider Texas the "south", well it is and here in the south we don't hide our crazy in the attic, we put it on the front porch and wrap a blanket around it when it gets cold.

That poor dear old woman was so flustered and excited there was no way she was going to stay on script.
For one brief moment Mathew McConaughey stopped being a pompous Hollywood ass and was just a nice southern boy doing everything he could to protect an elderly woman who seemed a little overwhelmed by the situation.
It was sweet and very, very kind.
Well Mathew, you may not be such an ___ after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment