Monday, March 31, 2014

When trees attack!!

It was a gorgeous Sunday here in Atlanta.

Mild temps, sunshine and blue skies....spring is on its way.
A lovely day to sit on the deck with a few cold ones

Of course I did have to repair this first






















You see the weather was not so great on Saturday, overcast all day, rainy and windy
Crazy, crazy wind.
No biggie right, I got up and headed to the barn
(if you have been following along you know that my Saturdays are now spent at the barn playing with the horses....its AWESOME)

I knew it would be a muddy day but I'm usually filthy when I leave the barn, whats a little mud.
On my way home I decided to stop by Chef Liu's for a leek pie........yummy.

http://clatl.com/atlanta/chef-liu/Location?oid=1298749

As I turned down N. Druid Hills everything was fine. The wind had picked up and the rain was sideways but
again, not too, too bad.

Then it happened

BOOM!!!!

I felt nothing but the sound was unreal and horribly frightening.
I quickly looked in the rear view mirror and my back windshield was shattered.

I sat there for a moment in shock not realizing what happened.
No really, I had no idea what happened.
No one hit my car, the cars behind me pulled around and just kept driving
(hey, thanks for stopping, no, no....I'm fine.....I'll just call someone and get it home but thanks for your obvious concern......you are so kind)

When I got out of the car I could see wood in my back seat and I saw a branch in the middle of the road.

Based on the dents in my roof, I can only assume that a branch fell from a tree, hit the roof of my car and smashed the windshield.

Had it been a few seconds earlier, it would have been the front windshield
and yes, I get a little nauseous when I think about that.

Thanks to the lovely and talented Ed at Low Price Auto Glass
http://www.atlantalowpriceautoglass.com/

I got it fixed and good as new

They even vacuumed up this mess......what a mess.



I am just so incredibly grateful that this was not the front windshield and no one got hurt.....namely me,
I did not get hurt.

So the moral of the story is......watch out for flying tree limbs, they are dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment