Saturday, April 20, 2013

blackbird singing in the dead of night...........................................

It really is funny how little we know about one another. You can know someone for years and still find out new and interesting things about them.
Like this..................................................
A newly engaged couple came in to see me this week. This was there first apartment together, to say they were excited is an understatement. It was cute.
We toured the property, I showed them a few floor plans, it was fun and uneventful.
As we started to head back to the office the girl turned to me and said "So do you have any buildings that don't have trees near them? I hate the sound of birds chirping in the morning"
Now ya'll, there are not a lot of statement that cause me to stop and think "WHAT!?!" but in all my years on this planet I have never....never heard anyone say they hate the sound of birds chirping in the morning!
The sad part was the look on her poor "soon to be husbands" face. This was new information about his beloved, and apparently he was as shocked as I was.
He started stammering and saying "what does that even mean".
He then started talking about the car situation. Apparently, there was a "discussion" before they got to my property about his car.
She just looked at him and said "I don't like noise in the morning and don't like old cars" And let me tell you, the period at the end of that sentence was audible.
I just turned, shut my mouth and pointed out the pool and grilling area.
This poor boy was about to spend the rest of his life with a bona fide drama queen and this was all news to him.
I hope they make it. (but I'm not so sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment