Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm gonna kill my cat

I'm not really going to kill my cat but I am very worried that I may accidentally kill him.



I've had Max since he was 6 weeks old. He is actually one of those cats that even dog people like. I know, everyone says that but it's really true in his case. He is very social and has a personality. Hence, the worry. He has always been a character and he loves to get into trouble. When I bought the condo last year he figured out how to get into the duct work!!!!

When Max was a baby he loved to get into the refrigerator. I don't know why but several groggy mornings I would grab the creamer and accidentally close him in on the bottom shelf. He always cried as soon as the light went out so I found him. Luckily he grew out of this fascination,  but as he enters his old age (he will be 13 in August) he has started going into the fridge again!!

Many of you may be saying "well Tat, just get him out before you close the door." Let me explain myself in the morning. I don't really function in the morning.

I can do it, I can be up and clean and dressed at any hour needed........but I don't wake up until 10am, period. I can get on a plane, I can be in a meeting, I can even get to the Summerfest 4am pack in, but I am not AWAKE until 10AM, ever. That being said, I don't see Max when he scoots past me and jumps in there while I'm blindly reaching for whatever it is I need at whatever god awful hour it happens to be. I'm really starting to worry that I am going to close him in there.....................................yikes.

Maybe I'll put a bell on him, that'll teach him ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment