Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad

Several years ago my father sent me this song. He wrote a little note with it.

"This is all I have ever wanted for you"
It was signed with his signature LOVE DAD (with the goofy smiley face)

It's full of cheesy sentiment and sappy goodness and my father and I sent it back and forth to each other for years.

It makes me cry every time (it made him cry too)




When he passed in 2008, this CD was one of the first things I grabbed, along with his wallet and cell phone.
I did not put his cell phone down for three days and I still carry his old drivers license. It's strange the things you grab in crisis. When we are thinking logically we picture ourselves holding onto sentimental, romanticized items but when the trauma actually hits, you hold on to the common and mundane.

I miss you Dad, everyday. I am so grateful for the years we had and I carry you with me always. MWAH!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment