Saturday, June 1, 2013

I have done good..........

Most of you know that I am a woman of a certain age.

Being a woman of a certain age, I feel it is my duty to educate the youth about the greatness of the 80's rock ballad.

You see the rock ballad is a lost art form.
It's a shame really
Some of them were horribly sappy
Some were heartfelt and still hit that spot
and some were just EPIC!

Last night I had the opportunity to edumicate a particular youth (don't worry, I will share the details with those that need to know later ;))

We started off a little on the girly side, but always one of my favorites



That one, sadly, got a no but there was hope, so I went a little more organic.




He still wasn't feeling it so I went classic..........


Ah, we had a little nod, very nice.


Oh a smile....but honestly by this point I was on a role and this little boy was just going to have to come with me on my ride down memory lane :D



He knew that one so he was starting to trust me.  On a side node ---- Duff, I will love you FOREVER!!!

So I thought to myself, Self........what is the ultimate rock ballad............

Oh, that's a good one......but no

Oh super cheesy and Tawny Kitaen is in her prime there......but no
that one is just not right.

Oh........of course.

How could I have missed it.

The greatest rock ballad is from the greatest rock ballad band

..........

Wait for it

.......

Jeesh you people

..........

..........

I thought of giving you the radio version, but that would just not do.

so here it is, in all it's 6min and 12 seconds of glory

Lights out and lighters up!!!!





No comments: