Monday, June 17, 2013

Well that was weird

This has been a very bizarre weekend.

So bizarre in fact that it extended into Monday (ha).

Friday night was........way too much rum.

Saturday I had a lovely girls night with the beautiful and oh so grown up Miss Mary. Miss Mary is BFF K's daughter. BFF K had a much deserved grown up night out
We had dinner at Doc Cheys, Miss Mary had lomein with chicken and even tried the edemame.
She said "I don't think I like it but it's not bad". Well Miss Mary I appreciate you trying it, that's all I ask.
We then headed home, it was a lovely evening for a walk, and watched Enchanted (great movie). We both fell asleep on the sofa while watching an old episode of Caillou.

Now I do not have children and I don't know if I will ever have children (I am a woman of a certain age so that may not be physically possible) but there is nothing sweeter than having a five year old fall asleep on you. It's just sweet. Miss Mary is a love and I am happy to watch her anytime.

BFF K scored a great deal at a fancy midtown hotel, so at the end of her grown up night, we all headed over and crashed.
Twice this weekend I had the pleasure of waking up in a king sized bed. I gotta figure out how to squeeze one of those things into my place. It'll be a tight fit but I think I can do it.

Sunday I discovered a mountain stream and a beach in my neighborhood!!!! I know!!!!
It's this great natural reserve right in the middle of town. Took another walk there this morning. It's beautiful and it feels like you are no where near a city. Very nice, thanks Hawker ;)

Today......I decided I'm going on a road trip.
Yes.
I have no ties right now and I am very jealous of the pirates adventure so what the hell.
It will be small and not on a bike but I have people I need to go see and what better time than NOW!!!!
(also, I can't afford a plane trip but I think I can scrounge up gas money)



No comments:

Post a Comment