Sunday, June 23, 2013

I said I wasn't gonna do it

I swore I was not going to pig out this weekend. I promised myself that I would not eat all the wonderful things that Asheville has to offer.........
but then BFF K said "I want to take you to Tupelo Honey" (sh*t) where I proceeded to eat my weight in fried okra. I don't know what they put in that stuff but DAMN!!!

Not to mention the yummy canned ham and boirson cheese thingy BFF K's mama made for my arrival.
The things southern women can do with canned ham is just miraculous.

Then there was dinner at the old folks home where Mrs. Bubbles insisted that I have a bourbon with her. Now when a 94 yr. old woman in a hove-around asks you to have a bourbon you don't say no. That's just rude.
I proceeded to have too much bourbon (one is too much for me) and WAY too much ice cream and orange cake. Orange cake will make you diabetic, but the sugar and alcohol buzz is really good.

And then last night I put myself into a wine and pizza coma. Why in the world have I never had friend eggplant on a pizza. How have I lived without this?

So now my jeans don't fit and we are supposed to make philly brownies with the girls today. Crap, I'm gonna have to buy a hippie skirt so that I have something that fits. Thank God I'm in Asheville, finding a hippie skirt won't be a problem

I am still trying to come out of my pizza and wine comma. All I want to do is head up to the parkway, find a spot and watch all the bikers ride by.
Of course I'll have to pack a light snack before I head up ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment