Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I have failed as a big sister


This morning while watching my regular talking heads something caught me attention.

Apparently some poor hippy band from the 70's is suing Led Zepplin for ripping
off "Stairway to Heaven"

That isn't what caught my attention but it's the lead up.....be patient.

One of the talking heads mentioned that she had never heard "Stairway to Heaven"

WHAAAAAT!?!

I sat for a moment staring at my television.
How is that possible?
How do you make it to a certain age without hearing "Stairway to Heaven"?
I'm sure I looked like a confused dog staring blankly at the TV






When I snapped out of it I sent a text to my baby brother.

"URGENT, do you know Stairway to Heaven?'

and waited.........................................................................................................

"hey T, did you mean to send this to me"

"Yes, do you know Stairway to Heaven?"

"What?"

"It's a song by Led Zepplin, do you know it?"

"I've heard of Led Zepplin, is that a band?"

OH......MY......GOD!!!!

I have failed to such a degree I have no idea how to redeem myself.
Seriously, my nineteen year old brother doesn't know that Led Zepplin is a band much
less the song "Stairway to Heaven"

I know I had a tear in my eye, I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

How do I even come back from this.
How can I correct this horrible mistake in the musical education of my youngest sibling.

WTH!!!!!

Alrighty then, no since crying about it.....we have got some serious work to do.











No comments:

Post a Comment