Monday, June 9, 2014

Summerfest


I love living in town. I realized quite early in my life that I was a city person.
Its not that I don't like the country, I'm just happier in the city.

As a city person I'm usually up on all the pre-planned traffic nightmares that will ruin my life, such as Summerfest.

Summerfest is an arts festival in Virginia Highland and it's really fun. Thousands of suburbanites converge on my neighborhood making it impossible to drive or park. Good times.

Well this year.......I forgot

I forgot, I know, I don't know how, I know I'm getting old but damn.

Anyway, when The Drummer called and wanted to come spend the day in the hood, I thought beautiful, let me run down to the murder Kroger and grab some beer before he gets here. Apparently The Drummer did not know it was Summerfest either.

I noticed more foot traffic as soon as I hit the street but it was a beautiful Saturday so not too shocking.........
and then the car came to a complete stop.......
"what the hell" "why is the traffic not moving"  OH......CRAP, SUMMERFEST!!

Don't worry, I made it through the traffic nightmare and was still able to find parking when I FINALLY made it back to my house. Drummer and I got about 1/2 a block into the festival and decided "Nope, lets find a patio and get a beer". A beautiful day was had by all

Did see the entire festival on Sunday when more friends came over. That was a little more taxing than The Drummer.
"do we have to walk?"
"wow, it's really hot"
"are we going to walk all the way down there?"
"wow, it's really hot"
"didn't we go up a hill to get here?"
"are you this sweaty?"

OHMIGODD!! Yes, it's summer.....it gets hot in the summer. I live a short walk from the heart of Virginia Highland, it is not going to kill you.......SO SHUT UP OR GO HOME!!!   :)

I love street festivals.....................


No comments:

Post a Comment