Sunday, June 29, 2014

When you run out of options......................



go to Florida



I have no idea what it is about Florida but it just seems to screw your head back on.

I don't know if it's the oppressive heat, the meth-heads, the college drunks or the old folks just waiting to check-out, but something about the "craziness" of Florida puts it all back in perspective.

Maybe it's the wife beater, jean short combo that is so prevalent in these parts.
Whatever it is, it has healing properties.

Long story sort, your fearless heroine is single once again. :(
As much as I tried to be okay with the "didn't even make it off the ground" ending of my most recent relationship I'm not handling it so well.

There are many other factors but the "I'm going to die alone" pity party has been playing pretty loud in the old noggin this past week.
When Kel said "let's just go to Florida" Friday afternoon I assumed he was talking out of both sides of his mouth.
"we can be there in 5 hours, what is there to think about.....get in the effing car"
I can't go to Florida, who will watch the cat, I don't have any clothes, where will we stay.......

"The cat can live for two days on dry food and water, you need a bathing suit, flip flops and a pair of shorts in case we go somewhere "fancy" for dinner.......we are grown a$$ adults with credit cards we will find a hotel and besides, you used to take off to places like Tokyo and Paris with less notice.....what the hell happened!!"

He was right. I did used to be the crazy, spontaneous one. Hell my old motto was "I'll sleep when I'm dead"
Seriously..........what happened.

They twisted my arm and we made it the Redneck Riviera in record time. Actually found a really nice hotel and did absolutely nothing all weekend.
It was fantastic and I feel a little better. (yes, the pity party is still there.....I got dumped, it sucks....give me some time.......jeesh)

Good Morning

Yea, that's the good stuff right there

No, that's not my foot


No comments:

Post a Comment