Saturday, September 14, 2013

Guilty Pleasures and damsels in distress

The past 24 hours have SUCKED!!!!!

Why, that's too personal but lets just say, cleaning house is hard but necessary.

Anyhoo, due to the difficult nature of the past 24 hours I decided to visit the local Trader Joe's for my favorite guilty pleasure.

Triple Ginger Snaps and whole milk.

I know, it sounds weird but have you ever noticed those weird "is that good?" things are usually incredible.

Like who was the first person to dip their fries in a Frosty. Sounds gross but fricking awesome if you've never tried it.

So you take your Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snaps, break them up just a little in a bowl and pour whole milk over them. It has to be whole milk, not that skim milk crap, this is a guilty pleasure not a healthy breakfast.
Its awesome and will cure (a little) of the hurt that ails you.

I also picked up a little Lavender Salt Scrub. This stuff is also amazing but if you are not careful you can accidentally kill yourself with it.
It's has all those good for your skin oils and sea salt and it smells like lavender. The danger comes from using it. It makes the whole tub and you a little slippery and moving around hard tile with slippery feet is, well, dangerous.
But, if you survive, your whole body is as soft as a babies bottom.
Again, it'll cure a little of the hurt.

But this rambling sales pitch is not the point of this post.
When we pulled into the parking lot there was a woman standing next to her car on her cell phone.
The unusual part was her hood was up.
Now for the few of you who just arrived on our planet, when you see someone standing next to a car with the hood up.....something is wrong.
I motioned to her and asked if everything was ok.
She said "I'm on with my insurance but my car won't start"

So I offered to give her a jump.
Again, for those of you new to the planet, there is a magical box within your automobile called a battery. If it runs down or has some problem, your car won't start.
Also there are magical little cords called jumper cables.
When you take one side and attach them to the bad battery and take the other side and attach them to the good battery, the bad battery gets a little charge and the car that would not start will miraculously sputter to life.

Now here is where I get irritated. As I am hooking up the jumper cables, I look around and remember that I am standing in a packed parking lot. There are people everywhere.........men everywhere.
I am going to try very hard to not make this a man bashing piece but you guys are just making it harder and harder to refrain.

So let's recap, stranded car in parking lot, woman alone on phone obviously in distress, other woman offers help with the assistance with her 65 year old distressed MOTHER (I might add). Meanwhile, all types of men pass by completely ignoring the scene that is before them. Not even so much as a "do you need any help?".
And fellas, that's all I ask, just offer. 9 times out of 10, I can handle it. My 43 years on this earth have taught me that for the most part, I will HAVE to do it myself, but it would be really nice if you just asked.  Of course it would be even better if you just walked over, took the damn cables out of my hand and said "no, no I've got it"
Yes, I am serious, just do it. Don't ask permission, don't hem and haw about it, just be the man and do it. I think you might be surprised.
But as for the men at Trader Joe's, way to step up boys, good job.  I'm sure your mother's are so very, very proud of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment