Monday, September 23, 2013

The sappy nostalgia has taken over

I had a conversation about my "goth" past recently and it has stuck with me. See I really never considered myself goth, I just wore the costume and coloured my hair.

Sidebar- Parents....if your kid comes home with green hair don't freak out, it's just a costume. If the cops bring them home with or without green hair, then you have problems. Just green hair....no problems.

Where was I, oh yes, It was the closest "thing" I identified with at the time. In all honesty, I was a hopeless, desperate, lovesick romantic.............but that's not cool so.......GOTH

The problem is, I have not grown out of it. I think modern love is kind of sad and I really wish there was more "magic" in the world. There can be, you just have to be willing to play along and well most people just don't want to play in my fairytale.







No comments:

Post a Comment