Monday, February 3, 2014

Oh....that explains it

So as most of you know I have a musician addiction.
I've had it all my life.

In fact its so bad, two years ago I befriended a neighbor because I saw him saw him dragging a cello out of his car.

Yeah, it extends to the classical instruments.

Well this morning the Gods gave me an answer for my sickness

I was sitting in front of the computer with the non-offensive, office approved soft rock channel droning away in the background.

Suddenly I hear a very familiar refrain.
"Beth, I hear you callin............."

It was like being sucked back through a tunnel and I was suddenly sitting in my sunshine yellow bedroom in Lake Magdalene, Florida listening to the beautiful song for the 18th time that day.

It's 1977 and I am a too tanned and too blond and just starting to discover that boys are not as stupid as I thought they were.
My neighbor Justin Starr is the coolest boy I know and don't tell anybody, but we kissed in the pool last week (he he).

I'm completely lost in this mishmash of memory but not so lost that I, possibly for the first time ever,
comprehend the lyrics.

Wait a minute....this song is about some chick waiting on her musician boyfriend to stop goofing off and come home.

Holy crap, it all makes sense now, the waiting, the loading out of the amps, the "no baby, she knows a guy who knows a guy so I need to be nice and buy her drinks all night" BS I actually bought for awhile.

WHAT!?!, at least 1/2 of my romantic life can be blamed on this stupid, stupid song.

That's it, next boyfriend is an accountant.





Of course I then found this beautiful spoof of the song....hilarious and the 70's kitchen is fantastic.



http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-beth-video-spoof/

No comments:

Post a Comment