Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Biggest Loser


"Is the Biggest Loser too skinny?"  New York Daily News

"Did she go too far?" People Magazine

"Uproar as winner appears too thin......" LA TIMES

Hey, the fat girl lost weight, but this time she lost too much weight.



REALLY!?!
SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!

People, I have been skinny and I have been fat (I am currently fat if you must know)
Here's a shocker for you.....SKINNY IS BETTER.

There, I said it.
You can be all mad and tell me that I need to be more accepting
Pffft
So what, I'm a fat fattist, get over it.

Here's the real deal, the media bombards us......daily.......with images
of rail thin, smiling, bobble headed women and then has the audacity to
freak out when a fatty finally gets to bobble head status...................SCREW YOU!!

Look folks, all that "healthy" BS you read about is exactly that, BS

I have been in the club, I lived in NYC for 11 years.
I have dined with the thin and beautiful........red wine and cigarettes for dinner,
cultivating the fine art of moving food on a plate, learning how to vomit quietly,  living on laxatives,  protein bars and shakes.
I know it all.

The ugly truth is that many women (and men) do terrible things to their bodies to get and keep a thin frame.
Unless you are born with a skinny gene, it can be a lifelong fight.
I have done horrible things to myself all in the name of looking good naked
and I continue to do those things.

I have a food compulsion or disorder, pick a word, any word.....bottom line is I have a sick relationship with food.
I have been this way most of my life.
Luckily I learned the classy art of binging and purging in middle school
which worked for a very long time.
I was able to maintain my frame and keep the weight at bay.
Well as time, and pain, went on I stopped purging and just binged.

And the weight piled on, and the insecurities reappeared and the panic set in.
The panic to just be "normal" again.
That panic has caused me to do some things that most people would find shocking.
I have done crazy fasts, taken salt water cleanses,
drugs that make me feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest
I have even injected pregnancy hormone into my belly to reduce my appetite
(it actually works but........damn).

Yes, Rachel Frederickson, the current Biggest Loser may have taken it too far.

She has admitted to taking a part time job so she can spend hours in the gym.
I am sure she is religious about her caloric intake.
I am also certain this is probably the best she has ever felt about herself.
She probably loves having her picture taken, loves clothes shopping and finally smiles at her refection.
All for the fist time........probably
Has she "developed" an eating disorder. I seriously doubt it, she had an eating disorder before she lost the weight.
It was just the side of the eating disorder coin that we don't talk about.
The fat side, the "no really, I can't stop eating" side.

People have always wondered why I don't keep food in my house.
I can't
If there is food in my house I will eat it.....all of it.
If I do eat, I purge.
There are friends houses that I can't eat in because the bathroom is too close to the living area.
I have learned to be quiet, but you can't be that quiet.

So here is the point of my admission.......leave her alone.
This "problem" did not occur in 6 months on a TV show. Her "issues" with food did not show up because Jillian is a hard ass.
Hell for all we know she has always been a super skinny person...she just ate too much.
Leave her alone, let her enjoy her skinny body for the time she has it, and hope that if this makes her truly happy that she can maintain it..
If she decides that it is a problem maybe she will get help.
If she decides that it is not a problem and it does not dramatically effect other parts of her life....
good for her.

As for me......I'm still working on it.....and yes, I truly hope to be that thin in another 4 to 6 months.
TRULY.




No comments:

Post a Comment