Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tatianna Bartholomew....civic leader

Ok maybe not leader but............I beat the man y'all.

Last year my beautiful city thought it would be a great idea to close a turn lane on my street and add these wonderful things called "bump-outs".

I live in a very residential area but my street sees some heavy traffic during rush hour.
These "great" new additions caused severe traffic jams during peak driving times.
It has been so bad that I have completely given up parking in my driveway.

That's right, the traffic is so bad that getting in and out of my driveway is almost impossible.
Most of my neighbors and I have given up and just park on the street.

In addition, these bump-outs put pedestrians smack dab in the middle of the road, making it almost impossible to see them at night.

Not only is it a traffic nightmare, its dangerous..........your tax dollars at work folks.

Well after weeks of honking and frustration my neighbors and I organized.
We started a letter writing campaign and email bombardment.
That turn lane needed to come back and those bump-outs needed to go

Nobody really thought it would work. I have to admit I was the most skeptical.
I never heard anything except the typical "thank you for your concern" stock letter.

Then a few months back I saw a very official looking man with a stop watch and a strange peice of equipment watching the traffic........hmmmmm.
But that was it.......nothing further.
No letters, no notices, no workers, no nothing.

But last night as I headed out for my evening walk I saw it (the traffic was so bad when I drove home that I could not see it)

A beautiful pile of ruble where the bump-outs used to be along with caution tape and orange cones.
Now, I do not know if the plans include bringing back the turn lane but apparently, the bump-out is gone and the "mess" is scheduled to be removed today or tomorrow :)

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!! (if feel so rebellious.....he he)

No comments:

Post a Comment