Saturday, August 31, 2013

It's all fun and games until someone gets heat stroke



Sheryl Crow played a free concert at Centennial Park today.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!
I'm so sorry you did not know about it but the only two things they advertise at Centennial Park is the Peach drop (which is absolutely ridiculous) and July 4th fireworks.....fireworks are always great, so I will deal with those crowds.

So........in addition to a free, full set with Sheryl Crow, no one was there. There may have been 200 people when we showed up to see Uncle Kracker. Oh yeah, Uncle Kracker opened, and they also played a full set. So to recap two free hours of great music, right smack dab up front. (yes, these were taken with my crappy little phone, it is on old LG with a qwerty keyboard........we were close y'all)



"STEVE MCQUEEN"




She can even play the harmonica....I think I have a girl crush

I would also like to point out that the bad ass little woman (she is soooo tiny) you see in these photos is 51!!!! That's right, 51, she is just amazing.

We were having a ball, Lunatic Leah was whooping and hollering, I was gimping along like a champ and Matt was overseeing the two of us like the protective big brother he is. Everything was going great, we were dancing and singing along with Miss Crow. No we really were, she would laugh and shake her head because Leah and I basically knew every song and would jump up and down and start the first lyrics right on beat. It was so much fun.........until about 4:00pm.

As you can see from the pics there was intense sunshine today and while it has not been the usual 100+degrees we are used to this time of year, it was hot. Not to mention the leg injury and me taking narcotics to deal with the leg injury pain. Suddenly I got real dizzy. No biggie, I just held onto Matt until it passed. Everything is fine.....back to the gimp dance.
Then suddenly, a wave of nausea and dizziness and my eyes stopped focusing. It was really scary. Luckily I grabbed Leah who turned to Matt and said "GET HER". Matt had me and was pushing through the crowd so fast I did not know what was happening. He was a pro. I was also amazed at the crowd, everybody instantly moved to let us out, it was really good.
The t-shirt seller was kind enough to offer me his chair under his tent to get me out of the shade. I recovered pretty quickly but not before the people from the EMT tent came down. I'm glad though, they asked me the right questions and took my vitals. I was still sweating so technically not heat stroke just overloaded the leg and too much heat.
I was able to make a full recovery and get back up front for the last two songs!!!!






Except for the brief medical issue, it was a fantastic afternoon.....and now I am going to sleep for 12 hours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment