Sunday, August 4, 2013

What did he just say?

Last night was no good; bad pain, no sleep.

Which really did suck because earlier in the evening Mom and the Dr. Dr. Dr. came over and we headed up to TFD for an early dinner.

That was really nice, it's always good to see them and anytime the Dr. Dr. Dr. can be in public and still watch the ballgame, he's happy.
He had the duck sandwich and I had some incredible burger with bacon and blue cheese.
I don't understand people who don't like blue cheese. Seriously, how do you not like blue cheese......it's awesome and on a burger..........holy crap, that's good!!
Mom filled up on brussel sprouts and the potato skins.
By the way, if you have never had The Family Dog's brussel sprouts, go there now and order them. They are fantastic!!!

http://thefamilydogatlanta.com/


So the early evening was wonderful but after crawling into bed.............nothing happened.
I was sleepy, but no sleep.
I've already shared the drama that is the giant boot I am wearing.
That plus pain made for a restless night.

Anyone who suffers from insomnia knows about the brilliant TV programing between 2am and 6am.
It's choice stuff if you've never seen it.
Infomercials that will cure whatever ails ya.
Televangelist that can save you soul
and the occasional 1950's B horror movie (those are always awesome!)

Well last night I actually stopped surfing on a televangelist.
I have no idea who he is but he was talking about something interesting.
He was breaking down Corinthians.
It was good

and then he made a statement that truly hit me.

"Are you the person the person you are looking for, is looking for?"

Wait....what did he just say!?!

So in other words, are you looking for the right person or becoming the right person.

I know, RIGHT!!!!! 

talk about an ah ha moment and at 3am no doubt
(but isn't that when ah ha moments always hit. :))

So start at the start.
I get to put my foot on the ground August 14th.
If all goes well on August 15th or 16th I'm heading down to GSU.

I gotta finish that degree
I know it will be hard but I did have a consistent 4.0 in my first 2 years.

Oh, and before the skeptics begin with "yeah but you were much younger"
No, that was just two years ago........

I may be blond with big boobs but I'm no dummy.

No, it's not the whole picture but it's a start. 

I want my degree, even if just to say I have it, even if it's just in basket weaving.

It's self-validation and that really is the most important validation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment