Friday, August 30, 2013

OUCH!!


I have been taking one of the most intense and technically challenging courses of my life, but it is fun.

I now know what creatine kinase and aspartate aminoytransferase is, which is good because that's been bugging me ;)

I know what activated partial thromboplastin time, prothrombin time and international normalized ratio monitor (and what to do next if they are off, which was also bugging me;))

However, I have mainly realized that that my body is a testing ground for what can go wrong in a clinic.

In just one week, my basilic vein has rolled while being stuck, I had a butterfly slip and hit a vein in my hand while doing a syringe draw (that is nasty and hurts like a mother) and last night while a fellow classmate was performing a finger stick, my blood shot across the floor!!!

I do not have a problem with blood.....duh, I'm studying to be a phlebotomist.....but seeing your own blood spurt across the floor is a little disturbing and nauseating.

I can't wait to see what freaky sh*t happens next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment