Thursday, May 9, 2013

A love letter for my sister

THIS WEEK HAS SUCKED!!!!!

Truly, truly sucked

However, the past 24 hours have been an incredible improvement, Moms better, the job...........well that still sucks.......................and.............I got to talk to my "sister"

I don't have a sister, at least not a biological sister, I have a sister that I picked and that picked me.

We met at Lenox Square she was 15? I was 17?........I can't remember, I'm old now :)

She was..............well partaking in something I recognized right away (YEEEEEEES) so, being big sisterly, I promptly took her to the best stores to continue her "journey" for the afternoon.

(whatever happened to smegma, we had him for years?)

We have been best friends ever since and I love her with every fiber of my being.
I have driven through the night to get her after that "bad time" at school. She has flown in to be by my side after "the accident", we have laughed and giggled while secretly smoking (we don't smoke shhhhhhh, its a secret). I have cried with joy as she told me about her babies and she has cried with pain as told her of my most recent heartbreak.

That being said, it is hard for us to find time to talk. We live thousands of miles apart, she has two beautiful baby girls, I have a nutty job that keeps me working at odd hours..........it's just hard.

This week required finding the time. The interesting thing is that she had a sucko week too, like WOW sucko and needed to talk me just as badly as I needed to talk to her. Its funny how that happens.

It's a wonderful thing to know someone and have them know you back. No one can calm me like she can, no one can make me see things as clearly, and I hope I do the same for her.

I hope and pray that everyone has someone like this in their life. Someone that truly knows them, knows the good, the bad, the ugly and the truly terrifying parts of them.......and stays anyway.

K, I am so sorry for the pain you have been experiencing. I hurt for you and your beautiful family but I know that this too shall pass. Know that I hold you, the "Great" husband and the beautiful babies in my heart and I will see you very soon.........I promise. MWAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment