Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Being back out there is just great......................................

Ah yes, blind dating.

I know I should be positive and sparkly and happy and not at all like the opinionated, smartass person I am in real life..................................................

But that makes no sense.

Do you know people have actually said to me, "Tat, you're very smart and can be a little cynical........a lot of men don't like that, you should dial it down"

First of all, just because I have a 4.0 (thank you, thank you very much, it has not been easy) does not make me smart and secondly..........WHAT!!!!????!!!!

How am I supposed to find a guy who is going to like ME if I spend my time not acting like ME.

That is insane.

I should have known that tonight's "date" was not going to go well. You see, I suggested a Saturday afternoon date of go-carting and he suggested Wednesday, after work at a chain restaurant near a mall convenient for both of us.
(blink,blink, blink)
Ok, that sounds great (much better than driving like a lunatic on a miniature racetrack..........NOT)

Hear me out...............
the best blind date I ever had was laser tag. It was not a love match but we had a ball and became friends.
Isn't dating supposed to be fun?

So when someone suggests an actual date, my brain goes to cool stuff to do. Go-carts, rope courses, Imax, The World of Coke, they have so many flavors............work with me people!!
Sitting across from a table is great, lets do that on date two, but for now lets just see if we click and have some fun in the process.

To top it off he wanted to talk politics. and not the logical debate stuff.
I love the logical debate stuff. Lets talk about it, you tell me what you think and I will agree or bat some other opinion back to you........fun

No, he wanted to go on and on about the war and conspiracy theories and.........oh it's just too exhausting.

I do not know what B was thinking when she set us up.
No Chuck, this was not a love connection..........

No comments:

Post a Comment