Saturday, May 11, 2013

First pirates now cowboys, I thought I lived in the city

It has been another stellar 24 hours...................had a great night and afternoon with "B" out in the burbs.

It's not so bad OTP (wait, did I just say that.................oh no)

After making my way back ITP I decided rambling around the house was no way to spend a Saturday so I headed over to my favorite neighborhood spot, the Wrecking Bar for an early nightcap.

http://www.wreckingbarbrewpub.com/

The food is great the drinks are wonderful and ladies; if you like the bearded men, its a plethora of delights.
Ask Ben or Brian to make you my drink, it's like an old fashion but with mezcal and tequila, it really hits the spot.

The only issue I have with Wrecking Bar is its location. In order to get there, I have to navigate the stretch of N Highland I lovingly refer to as fraternity row.
Don't get me wrong, there are some nice establishments along this stretch, Dark Horse, Blind Willy's and I've been hanging at Atkins since I was 14 so.............it holds a special place in my heart.
That being said, something happens to this area on Saturday night. It's just a little..............annoying.
So you can imagine my surprise and shock when instead of having to avoid killing a group of drunk 20 somethings stumbling along in 6 inch heels, I had to avoid three horses and two cowboys on my journey home! WHAT?!

I have no idea why they were there but I assume it is some sort of bizarre bar promotion. I may have to head back that way to do a little more investigation. If I can have a cocktail and then take a pony ride..................................I am all over that s#*t





No comments:

Post a Comment